Aeronautics BTS-qualified technicians specialise in both the aircraft manufacturing and operation sectors. They may be required to monitor the airworthiness of aircraft, define new assembly procedures or draft aircraft maintenance instructions.
Selection of candidates for the Aeronautics BTS is based on academic record and letter of motivation.
Subsequent study opportunities :
- Part 66 B1-1 or B2 European licences
- Pilot training
- Maths "Sup"/"Spé" preparatory exam entry courses to the Grandes Écoles
- IUP, Licence Professionnelle (professional bachelor's degree)
Training course in partnership with Flanders lycée (Hazebrouck).
The theoretical training for the Aeronautics BTS is combined with practical exercises in real environments (practical work and company internships).
Registration : on-line only
- 2 years
- Electronics, logic applied to electronics, servo systems,flight instruments, radio navigation.
- Thermodynamics, thermopropulsion
- Applied mechanics
- Mechanical construction, CAD
- Worksite management
- Aerodynamics - Fluid mechanics - Flight mechanics
- Airframe and system
- Legislation, human factors, regulations
- Airworthiness review
- Electronic equipment
- Work on aeroplanes